G.B.Cooley Hospital Service District supports the philosophy that all people should be empowered with the opportunity to live life to its fullest.
We do not believe in providing custodial care, but rather believe in teaching and empowering persons to do for themselves. Therefore, we do not employ persons strictly as drivers, sitters, cooks, or housekeepers. Direct Support Professionals are responsible for training and assisting to the degree required for people served by G.B.Cooley Hospital Service District in all areas of daily living.
All staff is responsible for reporting to a Home Manager and following the chain of command. Each employee is responsible for full and automatic documentation of training sessions, medical needs, home needs, maintenance needs, and other pertinent paperwork. Each employee will receive training in completing and properly processing all forms.
G.B.Cooley Hospital Service District adheres to all policies and procedures outlined in the G.B.Cooley Human Resources Manual. Upon employment, all staff is responsible for obtaining a full and functional knowledge of the information contained in the document.
You must meet the following criteria to be considered as a candidate for employment with G.B. Cooley Hospital Service District:
- Must be at least 21 years of age (due to our vehicle insurance provider).
- Must have a High School Education or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have a clear criminal background
- Must be free of communicable diseases
- Must have a satisfactory motor vehicle report
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Must complete G.B.Cooley pre-employment vocational training (Monday through Thursday).
- Must present an acceptable standard of appearance
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be awake, alert, and observant during all duty hours.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must have own telephone or a means by which you can be quickly contacted.
- Must be reliable, prompt, and adhere to work schedule.
- Must realize that if you are holding other jobs outside G.B.Cooley, we are your primary employer and DEMAND first scheduling considerations.
- Staff are not allowed to bring children to work; this includes work hours, meetings, etc.
- Must be able to attend each day of scheduled Pre Employment Vocational Training without excuse or exception (Monday through Thursday), being certain to be on time for each class
- Complete On Job Training (24 hours).
If you fail to meet ANY of the criteria above, you are not eligible for employment with G.B.Cooley.
NOTICE OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
All individuals selected for a personal interview should bring with them to the interview, originals of the following documents. Wewill make copies. Please note that you will NOT be able to start Pre Employment Vocational Training until we have made a copy of your:
- Social Security Card
- Driver’s license
- Proof of education
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Vehicle registration
Please be aware that if you are hired as a relief staff you are to contact HR Dept. each Monday morning with a schedule you will be able to work. Also note that if you cannot come to work when called three (3) consecutive times or we cannot get in contact with you three (3) consecutive times, we will no longer call you to work and it will be acknowledged that you have resigned. (Your called-in schedule will be taken into consideration re: the previous statement.) In addition, if hired as part time or full time staff and you fail to work your scheduled shift 3 times or fail to contact supervisor concerning your absence or tardiness within 2 hours prior to beginning of shift 3 times, it will be acknowledged that you no longer want to work for GB Cooley and have resigned (and a no rehire will be placed in your file).
An interview for employment and completion of the Pre Employment Vocational Training does NOT indicate that I am being hired; only that I am a candidate for employment.
I have read the previous information and understand. I feel I meet the qualifications for a potential G.B.Cooley employee as listed above and I can supply the required documents prior to being hired.